In Ranvier all rooms for an area are defined in a single file within the area folder:
- id: 1 title: "Test Room 1" description: "A featureless white room. A pitch black void in the shape of archway can be seen on the east side of the room." npcs: ["limbo:1"] items: ["limbo:3"] script: "1-test" exits: - roomId: "limbo:2" direction: "east" leaveMessage: " steps into the void and disappears." - id: 2 title: "Test Room 2" description: "A completely black room. Somehow all of the light that should be coming from the room to the west does not pass through the archway. A single lightbulb hangs from the ceiling illuminating a small area." behaviors: [ "test" ] items: ["limbo:2"] npcs: ["limbo:2"] exits: - roomId: "limbo:1" direction: "west" leaveMessage: " steps into the light and disappears."
- required Room id unique among the rooms of the current area
- required Title of the room shown on
- required Long description of the room shown under the title on look
- List of NPCs to place in this room on initial load
- List of items to place in this room on initial load
- Name of custom script to attach to this room (See Scripting)
- List of behaviors to attach to this room (See Scripting)
- Rooms the player can get to from here, each
exitsentry has the following fields:
- required Movement command the player will use to leave the room (Standard compass directions are suggested)
- required Room the player will end up in when they go this direction
- Message shown to the room when the player leaves the room in this direction. in the Room 1 example above players in the same room will see "Shawn steps into the void and disappears." when Shawn leaves to the east.