Ranvier configuration is stored in the
ranvier.json file in the root of the project.
- Port that the game runs on. Note, port < 1024 may require that you run the ./ranvier executable with sudo.
- Port the web API runs on
- List of enabled bundles, for details see the Bundles section
- Account and character creation validation settings
- If enabled players can log into multiple players on their account at once
- Room player is placed in when first created
- Name of the command that will handle when the character types a movement direction (See
src/CommandParser.jsfor natively supported directions)
- Default milleconds of lag to apply after a skill is used before they can use another skill. Can be configured per skill
- Filename to be used for logging. Optional; by default Ranvier will only log to the console. Logs will be in the
/log/directory and will always end in
- Default maximum number of items players can carry. NPCs default to Infinity.
- Number of milliseconds between
updateTickevents on players. Might want this to be faster (16ms) if using websockets.
- Same as
playerTickFrequencybut for game entities (areas, rooms, npcs, items)